The IAMT is an aircraft structure with a full size cockpit, with unglazed canopy, representative of a military aircraft combining modern digital displays with older analogue gauges to enable the student to experience a range of aviation technologies.
The IAMT comprises of:
- An aircraft structure containing representative:
– Cockpit displays, controls and LRUs
– Ejection seat and safety devices
– Replaceable avionics LRUs and equipment housed within realistic avionic bays
- Ruggedised tablet from which the student can select and connect virtual test equipment to the aircraft system emulations
- Instructor Operating Station enabling the following functionality:
– Integrated Training Management System (ITMS)
– Cockpit display repeater screens
– Insertion/Removal of faults
– After Action Review facility
The cockpit utilises a common generic structure containing aircraft-specific fixtures and fittings for the LRUs in order to facilitate psycho-motor dependant training tasks. The IAMT design is modular with each piece of simulated hardware presenting to the user an aircraft-like physical interface and containing an embedded I/O module to handle communication with the remotely executing software emulation to maximise flexibility of use and commonality of design.