Oil & Gas
Pennant's involvement in this market is in support of major international oil and gas operating companies working on offshore and onshore operations in the Southern and Northern sectors of the North Sea.
Pennant also produces innovative and cost effective training solutions, including competence testing, to meet the growing needs of the flexible onshore and offshore work force. The company's computer-based courseware is designed to give maximum impact and represents a highly flexible and efficient training resource.
Documentation Support Services - Heather Production Platform
The Heather Oil & Gas Production Platform was one of the first Platforms to become operational in the North Sea. It was installed and originally operated by Unacol with DNO Britain Ltd taking over operations in recent years.
DNO Britain Ltd awarded a framework contract to Pennant to provide Documentation Support Services.
Under the framework agreement, Pennant has undertaken a number of tasks for DNO Britain Ltd including:
- The updating of Oil / Gas Process Operating Procedure Manuals;
- Updating of Utility System Operating Procedure Manuals;
- The conversion of the Platform Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) from hard copy to electronic media using AutoCAD; and
- The conversion of instrumentation and electrical schematic diagrams from hard copy to electronic media using AutoCAD.
During the updating of the manuals, all documents were reformatted for delivery over the DNO Britain Ltd intranet.
Production of Subsea Dossiers
During recent years, Amerada Hess Ltd have capitalised on advances in Subsea Technology enabling them to link marginal assets to existing facilities within the North Sea providing a cost effective solution for the recovery of oil and gas. By their nature the documentation associated with a Subsea Completion and the associated pipelines and control systems proved to be complex and often bulky.
Pennant were commissioned by Amerada Hess Ltd to develop a Subsea Dossier that would meet the requirements of statutory regulations, as well as providing the Operating Companies with the information required to operate and maintain the asset in a safe and efficient manner. Subsequent assets documented include Scot, Rob Roy, Flora, Fergus and Fife.
The Dossiers developed by Pennant included;
- A description of the asset together with details of the associated pipelines and control systems;
- A Major Accident Prevention Document (MAPD);
- operating Instructions for the asset together with the interfaces on the associated facility;
- An Emergency Response Plan; and
- Corrosion Monitoring Plan & Corrosion Prevention Procedures.
Operating and Training Manuals - Brae Field
The Brae Field Operating and Training Manuals cover three oil/gas production Platforms in the Northern Sector of the North Sea and were in conventional hard copy format. The manuals had been produced over a number of years using various software packages. The task was to convert the manuals into a consistent format and update the documents so that they were technically accurate and reflected the current status of the Platforms.
The hard copy manuals comprised several thousand pages of text and diagrams. Conversion of the text was undertaken in the Southampton facility with technical updating being undertaken by two of Pennant's technical authors based in the Marathon Offices in Aberdeen. Marathon using in-house resources, updated illustrations.